2017-3-3 Women In Construction Week Proclamation.pdfNAWIC Celebrates WIC (Women In Construction)
Chapter 145 WIC WEEK Promotion Activities for 2016-2017
- Read more about the Chapter 145 WIC Week Flyer 2017
- Read more about the WIC Week Phila145 Press Release 2017
- Read more about the 2017 Mayor's Proclamation to promote NAWIC WIC week.
- Read more about Fern Gookin's promoting 2017 NAWIC WIC week.
- Read more about the Philadelphia SUN article on promoting WIC week- Thank you Angelina Perryman!
- 6/4/17 - CCDLI (Chester County Democratic Leadership Initiative- Erin O'Brien Hofmann, Mary Gaffney and Piljo Yae attended- Erin O'Brien-Hofmann represented the Painter Local 2011.
Featuring Wendy Davis Trailblazer for Women's Health and Reproductive Rights. We had the privilege to hear firsthand from this dynamic and inspiring woman, Texas State Senator,
Wendy Davis, who stood in filibuster for 13 hours in her pink tennis shoes against a StateSenate bill designed to tear down access to women's reproductive health rights. She has shared her journey that led her from single mom to Harvard Law School, then onto the Texas State Senate. The 13-hour filibuster propelled her onto the national stage and Wendy Davis was a trailblazer in the making, on Sunday, June 4th at the Mendenhall Inn.
5/3/16- Girls Inc 15th Annual Strong, Smark and Bold Breakfast - Mary Gaffney, Karen Fisco, Jane L. Fedorczyk, Allison Calder, Alexa McCaffery, Jasmine Rochon and Piljo Yae attended.
- 4/5/17 - Bisnow's Women of Influence in Commercial Real Estate - will be setting up NAWIC table to promote WIC, 2017 MAGIC and Philadelphia PA Chapter.
- 4/5/17 - Piljo Yae will be attending Councilwoman Blondell Reynolds Brown’s Brown Bag Lunch Series, and in honor of Women’s History Month, They are hosting a brown bag lunch on March 15th from 12pm to 1pm discussing women in the trades, tech, and energy industries/how women can become further involved.
- 2/28/17 - Piljo Yae attended ULI (Urban Land Institute) PHL Imagine, Invent, Invest, Building for Innovation to promote NAWIC and the chapter' 145's 2017 MAGIC program.
- 2/7/17 Realshare at the Union League - Karen Fiaco, Piljo Yae promote NAWIC and 2017 MAGIC program at Realshare.
- 1/11/17 Allison Calder, Piljo Yae and NAWIC supporter Naomi Alper Promoted NAWIC and 2017 MAGIC program to Youth Build Philadelphia, PA students and faculty.
- 11/16/16 Allison Calder from Oliver Fire Protection & Security's employees join together to raise funds for a selected organization or charity. This year, Oliver chose two local organizations including NAWIC Chapter 145 MAGIC Camp. Oliver employees planned a variety of activities throughout the month to raise money in support of these organizations. These activities included 50/50 raffles, “Penny Wars” and “Pie Wars”. A generous contribution of $1,000 was donated.
- 11/15/16 On behalf of chapter 145, Piljo attended the first MAGIC Meeting of Allentown, PA Chapters of ABC (Associated Builders and Contractors) and CSI (Construction Specification Institute) and she was able to spread our NAWIC mission and share our program for our chapter MAGIC camp. Their mission is to provide a supportive an inspirational environment for middle school girls to explore and develop interest in the different aspects of the construction industry; architecture, engineering, manufacturing and construction. We are looking forward to having joint events with ABC and CSI in the near future.
- 11/2/16 Jane Fedorczyk (Chapter member) purchased 5 posters and 20 pins and will send a poster to each of our 5 offices at Construction Risk Partners (Branchburg, NJ, King of Prussia, PA, NYC & 2 on Long Island) for display and I will share my 20 pins with colleagues. Thank you for your support!
- 10/12/16 The Drexel University Construction Association (DUCA) Partners with NAWIC
The Drexel University Construction Association (DUCA) promotes and facilitates the professional development of Drexel University students with the purpose of increasing the exposure of its members to the construction industry.
10/1/16 SEPTA (Southeast Transportation Authority) - “Women Building SEPTA – Trades & Technical Career Fair” -
As evidenced by the number of engaged and excited attendees, I’d say it was a very successful event. SEPTA appreciates everyone’s effort in making this event a success! This event is not only for experienced women in the technical & trades fields but also for women who may have an interest pursuing a career in these areas. There was an opening ceremony at 9:00AM. Speakers included SEPTA’s Assistant General Manager, Susan Van Buren and Philadelphia Councilwomen, Blondell Reynolds Brown.
- 9/28/16 MASFA (Mid Atlantic Steel Fabricators Association) EXPO - by Karen Fisco - On September 28th, the Mid Atlantic Steel Fabricators Association and one of its members Dave Tanzola of Crescent Iron Works, one of our Magic sponsors invited our NAWIC chapter to participate in their Associations 1st Annual Expo in association with STEELDAY. I made sure I introduced myself and thanked Dave for his support of MAGIC. I attended one of the four educational sessions presented by Dave Eckrote, P.E. Regional Engineer; SidePlate Systems, Inc. The presentation focused on how to get better efficiency from steel building designs. I kept wondering how that could possibly be applied to bridge technology. During the Expo portion, I spoke with representatives of Hilti and V&S Galvanizers as they have applications in horizontal construction also. I would encourage more members to attend as the event was from 12pm to 7pm to accommodate a variety of schedules. I see this event having the potential to grow in attendance and participation.
- 9/5/16 Rosie the Riveters, June Robbin, Chapter 145 presented Certificate of Appreciation.
Week 3/6/16 thru 3/12/16 WIC Week
2016-3-6 WIC week Mayor's proclamation.pdf